10.26.2008

Good Times, Good Music Fr: Alex posted in 2007.


(Thank you for the first graphic work in 2007 Alex!)


Through my dear friend Toni, I was introduced to this band. Now while I'm here in Myspace, I listen to them more than my regular player. So Ladies and Gentlemen, may I please introduce to you,

If you love the sound of a solid body guitar, in the style of Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, or Robin Trower, then give these guys a fair listen. But DON'T get them F**ked Up for somebody else. While they DO have that classic sort of Stratocaster kind of sound, they are innovators, not imitators. Their music is clean, and instrument driven, and not cluttered with a bunch of studio wizardry and hype. The classic sort of blues sound (with just a dash of that wonderful Rocking Texas Flava), is mixed into Good Time Rock and Roll, experimental musings, gentle music that falls upon your ears like a spring rain, and Kick Out The Jams no holds barred rockin'. They do some covers of some classic Hendrix tunes, and it would make Jimi proud. Any band can cover a song note for note, but these guys add their own freshness, and make it all their own. That's the mark of a great band.


They are just really getting up on the ladder of the music biz, and I for one think they will climb high. Personally, I would like to see a piece of their work in the unlockable section of Guitar Hero 3, due out this fall.

They have just finished recording a new album, not sure of a possible release date, check their page for updates. When it comes out, if you like what you hear, BUY (not download on Krapzaa or Crimewire) it to support these guys. They're great musicians, and they love their fans. They have 2 pages, therefore 2 players, so you can really sample and get a feel for what they're about. Click on the links below to go to their spaces and check 'em out!


StArGaZeR

They is the shiznit fer sure.......

Posted by StArGaZeR on August 17, 2007 - Friday 8:03 PM
[Reply to this]


Alex

Great jams, great guys.

Posted by Alex on August 17, 2007 - Friday 10:03 PM
[Reply to this]


Toni

OH ALEX GREAT JOB !~!! YOU KNOW I LOVE THEM. THIS IS SUCH A SUPER JOB ON COVERING THIS BAND.
EVERYONE LISTEN UP THIS IS RIGHT ON THE MONEY LISTEN TO "KILLING FLOOR" YOU'LL FIND THEM ON THIS PAGE AND MY PAGE AND STARGAZER'S PAGE. JOIN US IN ROCKING OUT WITH THIS BRILLANT BAND.
THANK YOU ALEX YOUR THE MAN.
I LOVE YOU TOOTS

Posted by Toni on August 18, 2007 - Saturday 2:56 AM
[Reply to this]


Alex

Thanks Toots! While I wanted to write about this rocking band, I also wanted to offically kick off my membership in your group. So I was thinking of you when I wrote this, and put a piece of you in with the musical note graphic in the amp.

LET"S ROCK TOOTS!

Posted by Alex on August 18, 2007 - Saturday 3:10 AM
[Reply to this]


Toni

OH WOW RIGHT ON ALEX ! COULD I BE ANY BLINDER.. LOL I SAW IT BUT DID NOT CONNECT IT..ROTFLMAO I HAVE REALLY BEEN OUT OF IT.. LOVE THE KILLING FLOOR THERE GREAT. LOVE YOU BROTHER TOOTS

Posted by Toni on August 19, 2007 - Sunday 2:15 AM
[Reply to this]


Alex

OK Toni, put down the bong, and step away ROTFLMMFAOPMP

Ya know I loves ya!

Posted by Alex on August 19, 2007 - Sunday 3:59 AM
[Reply to this]


Toni

OH NO "BUSTED" ROTFLMFBFAO .. I LOVE YOU BROTHER..

Posted by Toni on August 19, 2007 - Sunday 7:38 AM
[Reply to this]


THE KILLING FLOOR

I Love you all and I wish I could just reach out and give big hugs and kisses to each and every one. It just fuels us to keep going and going... I know there's a pallet for this kind of music and again wonderful people like your selfs make all worth our while.

Alex I love the wording and description of our sound. If you don't mind I will repost this on my personal blog. There's some more music on my personal MySpace and the podOmatic site too if in case you want to hear different versions of some of our tunes.

Thanks again for the awesome review and sharing our music to your inner circle of friends and family. Much love and we're blessed to cross paths with you. Stay in touch my new friend. ~JCM

Posted by THE KILLING FLOOR on August 18, 2007 - Saturday 5:08 AM
[Reply to this]


Alex

Certainly you may repost, if I can assist in any way, glad to do so.

My man, the music speaks for itself, I just put into words what my ears heard. Do keep up the awesome work!

Posted by Alex on August 18, 2007 - Saturday 3:15 PM
[Reply to this]


The Killer In You

Makes a girl proud of her man! ...all the guys, rock my socks.

Posted by The Killer In You on August 18, 2007 - Saturday 6:41 AM
[Reply to this]


Alex

You're a lucky woman, and one day your man will be a Star!

Posted by Alex on August 18, 2007 - Saturday 3:18 PM
[Reply to this]


The Killer In You

Hehe he's a very lucky man, believe it or not :D

Posted by The Killer In You on August 19, 2007 - Sunday 9:25 AM
[Reply to this]


Alex

Ya know, I had kinda gathered that from reading your page and bulletins. Behind every good man...............

Posted by Alex on August 19, 2007 - Sunday 12:59 PM
[Reply to this]


StArGaZeR

...........is a crazy blonde Aussie........hehehehe

Posted by StArGaZeR on August 19, 2007 - Sunday 10:44 PM
[Reply to this]


Rhonda

Thanks for the head's up here Alex...Great sound. The Killing Floor rocks! and they now have another friend.

Posted by Rhonda on August 18, 2007 - Saturday 5:26 AM
[Reply to this]


Alex

And what a truly beautiful and aweesome new friend they have!

Love and hugs

Posted by Alex on August 18, 2007 - Saturday 3:22 PM
[Reply to this]


Maude

So where's the music? Do you have a link to their page or what?

Posted by Maude on August 18, 2007 - Saturday 6:58 PM
[Reply to this]


Maude

Duh never mind.

Posted by Maude on August 18, 2007 - Saturday 6:59 PM
[Reply to this]


Alex

Maude, I just love you to pieces! You are one of my very best friends here! MWAH!

Posted by Alex on August 19, 2007 - Sunday 3:56 AM
[Reply to this]


MEL

Unfortunately when you posted this blog I didn't have time (at work) to read it and ol' PS3 freak at home has had the net for a while hooked up to the machine. Mum mentioned this blog to me again last night so I decided that I'd come in and have a read first thing this morning. Great blog, and fanTASTIC that they responded, girlfriends and all! I've made an executive decision to go out at lunch and buy the cd.

I repeat to you the question I asked mum last night..."How come
I haven't heard of these bands, man?????"

Posted by MEL on August 21, 2007 - Tuesday 3:05 PM
[Reply to this]


Alex

Men. They're all alike.

There are lots of good bands out there, just got to find them. (It's why Myspace was orginally started)

I just love the sound of a solid body guitar playin' some blues. The Killing Floor was that and much more, so I added them as a friend just to give them a good checking out. Turns out they are not only good musicians, but great folks as well, ya gotta love that.

If you like some serious shredding, check out Alluminati. Also give Transera a listen. (Both in my friends)

I'm finding so many good bands, there's a waiting list for listening!

Posted by Alex on August 21, 2007 - Tuesday 8:12 PM
[Reply to this]


Megs

Sorry so long in the comment - you know I am nuts right now. : > ) Loved this blog. It was great. Made me go to their page and listen. And I typically don't like rock so to get me to go there was a big step. I love the sound and the only word I can find to describe it is 'clean.' It was nice,

Anyway - loved the part you wrote "The classic sort of blues sound (with just a dash of that wonderful Rocking Texas Flava), is mixed into Good Time Rock and Roll, experimental musings, gentle music that falls upon your ears like a spring rain, and Kick Out The Jams no holds barred rockin'."

God you are a beautiful writer. If I can work things like that into my writing I will be a NY Times best seller in no time.

As always - it may take me a bit - but I always find time to catch up to you because you make me smile.

Loves

Posted by Megs on August 23, 2007 - Thursday 7:03 PM
[Reply to this]


Alex

No worries luv, every second I get to spend with you is a treasure.

Coming from someone who is all the wonderful things you are, your comment on my writing skills is high praise indeed.

You are a dear friend, and I love you for it!

Posted by Alex on August 24, 2007 - Friday 2:48 AM
[Reply to this]

No comments: