10.27.2005

One Night In Austin after a Yamaha Clinic and a Yamaha AES 620SH.


Just a quick review on a (Yamaha AES-620SH- Sammy Hagar Signature Model)

Definitely one of the best guitars on the market today period. Seymour Duncan pickup @ the bridge and a Yamaha pickup at the neck... Mahogany wood body, Quilted Maple top, rosewood freatboard... IMOH it beats - hands down any Epiphone Les Pauls and will go head to head against a Gibson Les Paul Standard... I've never played a Les Paul Custom... So I won't go there.... JCM


The JCM Experience Yahoo Groups Date: Sat May 21, 2005 12:27 pm Subject: Lost In Austin...


Clinic went great... Darren when the clinic hits SA... You needs tago... Pending dates soon... I did tried out The new Fender Cybertwin II... Awesome Fucking amp... Expensive too ($1,299)... Fender Squies have a couple of interesting guitars that came out... A strat with two hum-PAF style pickups and a satin reddish natural wood satin finish... Very cool...

As you might know Yamaha bought Steinberg and I very impress with there software... I met Craig the guy that mixed The DVD Eric Clapton's Crossroads Guitar Festival... Very cool dude indeed...That night we all met and ate at the Hide Park (or Place) very nice after hours ritzie little place located somewhere on 45th st. Well when it was time to go I already knew I was low on fuel.. Assuming that Austin never really sleeps finding a gas station was not going to be a prob... I didn't worry... WRONG!! I took a wrong turn and ended up on some residential part of Austin with nothing but houses and steep circling hills... All of a sudden not one major fucking streets, no main road lights, or highways to be seen... I felt that I was going in circles and nowhere and I probably did for 20-30mins... Man, I was praying my ass of not to be stranded there... That would have royally sucked... Well long story short I ran into 38th street, which is a main st., and still not one open fucking gas station to be seen... I was thinking of spending the night and parking my ass at one of them and then gas up in the morning as soon as they opened that way I don't get stuck somewhere or worse yet end up getting lost again...

Well, luckily I ran into some old timers hanging out at a Starbucks, jeezz Starbucks and open late too why doesn't that fucking surprised me, anyway they leaded me to a 24/7 7-Eleven that was about a mile near by... Of course I got pissed off again becauseI was passing by two or three closed gas stations on my way to an opened one a mile way...Thank God I made it there.. I gassed up and proceeded on home... Oh yeah... Starbucks, clubs and bars fucking everywhere that were still open at very late morning hours... But not a one fucking gas station opened out of the 10-15 that passed by... Fucking Austin man... Gotta love there night life... JCM


No comments: