8.18.2007

Review from Alex... One of our new and dearest fan.



Through my dear friend Toni, I was introduced to this band. Now while I'm here in Myspace, I listen to them more than my regular player. So Ladies and Gentlemen, may I please introduce to you,




If you love the sound of a solid body guitar, in the style of Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Ray Vaughn, or Robin Trower, then give these guys a fair listen. But DON'T get them F**ked Up for somebody else. While they DO have that classic sort of Stratocaster kind of sound, they are innovators, not imitators. Their music is clean, and instrument driven, and not cluttered with a bunch of studio wizardry and hype. The classic sort of blues sound (with just a dash of that wonderful Rocking Texas Flava), is mixed into Good Time Rock and Roll, experimental musings, gentle music that falls upon your ears like a spring rain, and Kick Out The Jams no holds barred rockin'. They do some covers of some classic Hendrix tunes, and it would make Jimi proud. Any band can cover a song note for note, but these guys add their own freshness, and make it all their own. That's the mark of a great band.



They are just really getting up on the ladder of the music biz, and I for one think they will climb high. Personally, I would like to see a piece of their work in the unlockable section of Guitar Hero 3, due out this fall.

They have just finished recording a new album, not sure of a possible release date, check their page for updates. When it comes out, if you like what you hear, BUY (not download on Krapzaa or Crimewire) it to support these guys. They're great musicians, and they love their fans. They have 2 pages, therefore 2 players, so you can really sample and get a feel for what they're about. Click on the links below to go to their spaces and check 'em out!






All photography and GIF's are the property of The Killing Floor.

7:02 PM - 6 Comments - 8 Kudos - Add Comment

StArGaZeR

They is the shiznit fer sure.......

Posted by StArGaZeR on Friday, August 17, 2007 at 10:03 PM
[Reply to this]


Alex

Great jams, great guys.

Posted by Alex on Saturday, August 18, 2007 at 12:03 AM
[Reply to this]


Toni

OH ALEX GREAT JOB !~!! YOU KNOW I LOVE THEM. THIS IS SUCH A SUPER JOB ON COVERING THIS BAND.
EVERYONE LISTEN UP THIS IS RIGHT ON THE MONEY LISTEN TO "KILLING FLOOR" YOU'LL FIND THEM ON THIS PAGE AND MY PAGE AND STARGAZER'S PAGE. JOIN US IN ROCKING OUT WITH THIS BRILLANT BAND.
THANK YOU ALEX YOUR THE MAN.
I LOVE YOU TOOTS

Posted by Toni on Saturday, August 18, 2007 at 4:56 AM
[Reply to this]


Alex

Thanks Toots! While I wanted to write about this rocking band, I also wanted to offically kick off my membership in your group. So I was thinking of you when I wrote this, and put a piece of you in with the musical note graphic in the amp.

LET"S ROCK TOOTS!

Posted by Alex on Saturday, August 18, 2007 at 5:10 AM
[Reply to this]


THE KILLING FLOOR

I Love you all and I wish I could just reach out and give big hugs and kisses to each and every one. It just fuels us to keep going and going... I know there's a pallet for this kind of music and again wonderful people like your selfs make all worth our while.

Alex I love the wording and description of our sound. If you don't mind I will repost this on my personal blog. There's some more music on my personal MySpace and the podOmatic site too if in case you want to hear different versions of some of our tunes.

Thanks again for the awesome review and sharing our music to your inner circle of friends and family. Much love and we're blessed to cross paths with you. Stay in touch my new friend. ~JCM

Posted by THE KILLING FLOOR on Saturday, August 18, 2007 at 7:08 AM
[Reply to this]


Rhonda

Thanks for the head's up here Alex...Great sound. The Killing Floor rocks! and they now have another friend.

Posted by Rhonda on Saturday, August 18, 2007 at 7:26 AM
[Reply to this]

No comments: